Friday, June 5, 2015

Think of Your Prayer Time as More than just Prayer (6.5.15)

My Child,
Lately during your prayer time, you have drawn complete blanks concerning what to pray. It is as though you have nothing to say at all, and it’s causing you grief. My child, I know that you love Me.  When you cant think of the words to pray just say My Name over and over.

When you call My Name, the Holy Spirit will pray for you.
And as you allow the Comforter to take your mind
off of what to pray, the Spirit will fill you with peace,
and your prayer language will come forth.

Remember, your prayer time doesn’t always have to be filled with words to Me.  It is a time for us to communicate with each other. It’s about spending time with Me, dwelling in My presence and directing your thoughts towards My Will. And as you wait patiently in My presence, sing songs of worship and praise. Allow these songs to serve as an invitation for Me to draw closer and minister to your spirit.

I love you, and don’t let the lack of knowing what to pray, separate us.
I know what's in your heart and I hear you. 
Come and dwell in My presence while offering words of thanksgiving.

I want you to think of your prayer time as more than just prayer.  Let it be our time together.  Let it be a time of joy, peace, and fellowship with the One you love. Yes, prayer is very important to Me, but it’s not something that should be a burden to you. It’s all about spending time with Me, being in agreement with My Word and living a life pleasing to Me.

So, when you bow your head to pray, do not become frustrated when the words you want to pray don’t flow freely. 

Just call My name, meditate on who I am, and say,
“Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name,"
then allow the Holy Spirit to do the work,
and your prayer time will never be the same.   


MEDITATE ON HIS WORD:
1 Corinthians 16:27 - Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place. 

Matthew 6:9 - After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

 

Romans 8:26-27 - Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of GOD. 


No comments:

Post a Comment