Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Reflecting on 1 John 1:6 (9.7.22)

Faith Believers,
John wrote in 1 John 1: 6 - If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 

It is not possible to relate to a GOD of love, if in one's heart there is gossip, bitterness, hatred and jealous behavior.  Let me say that again, as that statement bears repeating - It is not possible to relate to a GOD of love, if in one's heart there is gossip, bitterness, hatred and jealous behavior.

Despising others, in our heart, is walking in darkness. Believing that the self-indulgence of sexual immorality and behaviors that are not pleasing to GOD, is due us; because of how hard we work for GOD, is the ultimate deception from the enemy.

If these behaviors, thoughts, and feelings are not kept in the light of Christ, for His Healing and correction; then they will worsen and cause us to become disobedient to Jesus.  It will cause us not to walk the Path and live the Life that God wants for us.

Sincerity, honesty and emulation before GOD is the beginning of a meaningful and strong relationship with Our Father.


~ Prayer ~
Loving Father,
I long to give You the highest praise, all the days of my life, for You alone are holy!

My heart wants to sing in Your Presence and live continually in the awareness of Christ.  Yet, my weak self is filled with temptations to allow thoughts, behaviors and feelings that are displeasing to You into my mind.

When I am in a spiritually dry place, I sometimes feel entitled to indulge in the very things I know grieve Your Holy Spirit. Fill me, Lord, with strength to stand up to the enemy’s schemes!

My strength comes from You, and I do not have to engage in behaviors or activities that drain the life from my relationship with You.

Help me to be victorious over the enemy’s attempts to separate me from fellowship with You!

I want to be holy as You are holy! Purify my heart, my thought life, and my emotions so that I will only dwell on what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy!

In the Name of Your Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth,
I pray this prayer, 
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment