Monday, July 22, 2019

A "Glorious Love for the Father" Prayer (7.22.19)


O Lord,
How majestic is Your Name in all the earth!
Your glory is above the heavens.

When I look at the night sky and see the work of Your Hands, the moon and the stars which You have set in place - Your Greatness overwhelms me - and in my heart I feel so small and insignificant. Yet You tell me that You have made me a little lower than the angels and crowned me with glory and honor, made me ruler over the works of Your Hands, and have put everything under my feet!

That You, O GOD, creator of all things calls me by name and says “do not fear for I Am with you, I have redeemed you, you are Mine,” is a blessing too great to comprehend! 

That You have called me out of the darkness of my sins and into the wonderful light of the Lord Jesus makes my heart overflow with thanksgiving! For I remember when I was still dead in my sin, hopeless and despairing; but You rescued me from that dominion of darkness and brought me into the Kingdom of Your Son, Jesus, and my sins have been forgiven! My slate has been wiped clean! 

Hallelujah! 

O GOD, purify me, I pray, that I may be found living a life that is worthy of the calling that I have received from You, Heavenly Father.

Open the eyes of my heart ever wider, I pray; that I may have a clearer understanding of the “glorious inheritance” that You have called me to. 

Strengthen me in my "inner man" that I may always press on toward You. May I press on today. Renew my passion and hunger to know You and to be in Your Presence. Help me to live as one who has been called by the GOD of the universe into intimate fellowship and communion. I confess my weakness to you, the difficulty that I have almost continually, to remain steadfast and focused on Your Face alone. 

Help me, Lord!
Be strong in my weakness I pray,
     and accomplish all that You intend.
Be glorified, Father — in me and
     through me.

I ask this in Your Son, Jesus’ Name,

Amen



Reflection Scriptures:
Psalm 8   *    Isaiah 43:1   *   1 Peter 2:9   *   2 Timothy 1:9   *   1 Corinthians 1:2  * 
1 Thessalonians 2:12  *   Ephesians 4:1  *   Ephesians 1:18   *    Philippians 3:14
1 Corinthians 1:8-9   *   2 Corinthians 12:9


No comments:

Post a Comment