Sunday, June 20, 2021

The Words We Say (6.20.21)

Can both fresh water and salt water flow
from the same spring
  -  James 3:11


Believers,
James points out to us, that 'fresh and salty water' cannot come from the same fountain.

Our tongues are powerful.
It is important that what we say,
     lines up with what we pray.

Try this. Listen to the things you say throughout the course of an average day. You may discover that although the prayers you are praying sound “faith-filled,” and you believe that those same prayers are in agreement with God’s Will, and that you are expressing gratitude to God, in advance; oft times, your conversation belies your praying.

Here’s an example. Janice needs rent money. She prays fervently, believing, thanking GOD in advance for His Provision. So far, so good. Thirty minutes later someone asks about her situation. She replies, “I don’t know. Things look pretty bleak. I don’t know what I am going to do. I’m out of options.”

In one, short, unguarded conversation, Janice basically writes “VOID” across the prayer she just prayed. Why did she do that? She exposed an underlying issue of unbelief. Although she prayed the right words to God, her prayer to God and her conversation to her friend did not align nor agree.  She wasn’t actually praying them in faith, because she clearly didn’t truly believe them in her heart - and her reply to her friend expressed zero faith, honor or mention of her praying, trusting, asking, thanking GOD.  And that we cannot do.

If we could search her heart, as GOD does, we would probably discover that Janice is still looking for a “backup source” (other than GOD). By telling another person her need, in this way (with words of desperation, hopelessness and faithlessness) and showing a bit of desperation; she hopes that she can manipulate her friend into assisting AND her words are in direct conflict with her prayers and conversations with GOD.  She has had two completely different conversations (one with her friend, and one with GOD) on the same topic.

It's like Janice had this conversation, well . . . in case GOD doesn’t come through. It’s like having a “Plan B.” She may not even be aware that she does this, but it’s a classic case of double-mindedness and it cannot be how we behave.

The words we say must match the words we pray. Our conversations with others must reflect the faith with which we’ve prayed. To pray one thing about a person, place, or circumstance; and confess the opposite is classic double-mindedness and produces nothing.

When someone asks Janice about her rent situation, she should respond, “I still don’t know how GOD Will do it, but I am convinced that He Is my source and that He Is working now to supply all my needs,  according to His Riches in glory, by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19). And for that, I give Him praise.”

Thank God for what you have.
Trust God for what you need.
  -  Marilyn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Prayer ~
Father GOD,
My desire is to properly pray.
Believing that You Will answer,
     as I align my prayers with Your Heart.

Keep me from doubting the very words I express to You, as a need or a request.

May I trust Your Heart, even when I am unable to see You at work, around me, in that moment.

Your Response is always timed for my good, and for the sake of Your Own Glory.

Help me to be a 'yielded intercessor,' expressing prayers of thanksgiving for answers I Have yet to see in the physical realm; but for which I believe will burst forth from Your Heart in Your Perfect Timing, as I lay my heart alongside of Your Own.

This is my prayer, in Your Son, Jesus' Name,

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment