Thursday, September 6, 2018

Reflecting on 1 John 1:6, No Dry Wells.... (9.6.18)

Faith Believers,
John wrote in 1 John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
It is not possible to relate to a GOD of love, if in the heart there is gossip, bitterness, or self-indulgence.

Despising others in our heart is walking in darkness.

Believing that the self-indulgence of things that we know are wrong is due us, because of how hard we work for GOD, is the ultimate of deceptions.

If these behaviors, thoughts, and feelings are not kept in the Light of Christ for His Healing Will on them, a dry well will be the first outcome. Sincerity before GOD is the beginning of a relationship with GOD.
  -  Marilyn



~ Prayer ~
Loving Father,
I long to give You the highest praise,
     all the days of my life,
     for You alone are holy!

My heart wants to sing in Your Presence and live continually "in awareness" of "the Jesus Christ in me," the hope of glory!  Yet, my weak self is filled with temptations that allow thoughts, behaviors and feelings that are displeasing to You into my life.

When I am in a spiritually dry place, I sometimes feel entitled to indulge in the very things that I know grieve Your Holy Spirit.

Fill me, Lord, with the strength to stand up
     to the enemy’s schemes!

My strength comes from You, and I do not have to engage in behaviors or activities that suck the life from my relationship with You. Help me to be victorious over the enemy’s attempts to separate me from fellowship with You!

I want to be holy as You are holy!

Purify my heart, my thoughts, my mind, my life, and my emotions so that I will only dwell on what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy!

In the name of Your Son Jesus,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment