Monday, September 10, 2018

Removing the Mask of Spiritual Arrogance (9.10.18)

Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts - Isaiah 6:5


Faith Believers,
Isaiah was transparent in his prayer.

He did not try to impress GOD or anyone else with his piety. He was honest. He knew that GOD was able to search the heart of man. Because he knew that only truth would be pleasing to GOD, he was willing to admit his wrongdoings.

This is one of the most difficult aspects of prayer. 
 
We live in a world that teaches us how to wear masks to impress others. But when we attempt to carry our masks into prayer with GOD, GOD’s glory is only manifested to the heart that has taken off its mask. 
 
We must come to the chamber of prayer with humility, honesty, and transparency.

There is no place for the mask of spiritual arrogance when one enters into the presence of the GOD of glory.
  -  Marilyn

~ Prayer ~
Heavenly Father,
I honor You as the Way, the Truth and the Life!  How arrogant of me to think that I can hide my innermost thoughts and feelings from You!

Help me to be transparent with my life, as Isaiah was! Search me and reveal my wicked ways so that I might quickly confess my sinfulness to You.

I wish to be a person who has clean hands and a pure heart for the sake of Your glory!

Remove the mask of spiritual arrogance from me, and help me to bow in humility before all that You are all the days of my life!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment