Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Treat People Kindly & Pray for Them. Meditating on Romans 12:17-21 (9.11.18)

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of the Lord. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for GOD’s wrath, for it is written: ‘It is Mine to avenge; I will repay,’ says the Lord. On the contrary: ‘If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.’ Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good - Romans 12:17-21

Faith Believers,
How will the unsaved most likely come into GOD’s Kingdom?  Through your revenge, or by your loving acts and your prayers for them? This is an extremely important concept to grasp and to teach children, as their first response is often to hit back; thinking up ways to take revenge, or cease friendship, rather than praying and continuing to be kind.

A friend told me that sometimes, she would say unkind things to her husband that she would normally not say to him. Precious man that he is, he always responded kindly to her and would never be harsh.

He did not try to get back at her or say something hurtful in response. What does this do to her? It drove her to GOD in repentance and then to her husband to apologize!

How many arguments or hurtful situations in our families could be avoided by simply responding kindly instead of fighting back – submitting to GOD instead of to our natural human sinful flesh! It really works!

My friend said she felt terrible for hurting her husband’s feelings or lashing out at him because he is kind! If he responded back to her in anger, I doubt she would feel very repentant.

But because he responds kindly and "in love," it brings her back into right relationship with him, and with GOD.
  -  Marilyn

~ Prayer ~
Heavenly Father,
I know that praying for people I love, and for those who are lost, is Your Way of accomplishing Your Plans and Purposes in their lives!

Set my heart on a peaceful path when I am angered or upset…or when I have forgotten to pray for those who have not yet stepped into the light of Your Glorious Kingdom!

Keep me from succumbing to feelings of
     anger, outrage or revenge.
Help me to live at peace with everyone!

Set my desire upon loving all people and desiring Your best for them! Keep me from being overcome by evil so that I may continually overcome evil with good.

In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth,
Amen 



No comments:

Post a Comment