Sunday, September 16, 2018

Spend Time in God's Presence & Allow Him to Speak into Your Spirit (9.16.18)

Faith Believers,
Contemplative praying is GOD’s gift for deepening intimacy and exchanging love with Him.

Sometimes we may feel that we are not spending much time in GOD's presence. When this happens we should remind ourselves that GOD waits to be invited into our lives.

The Father longs to have unhurried moments with us, and we should remember that GOD wants us to learn to “wait,” “listen,” and “be still.”

We should be pleased to be in His Company.
What on earth could be more enjoyable and
     fulfilling than that?

Here are a few ways we can allow GOD to speak into our spirits:
  • Go out on your porch or deck on a summer’s night, and there, away from the demands of the day, let the canopy of a starry night remind you of GOD’s surrounding presence.
  • Look at Jesus as He appears in a gospel story, become absorbed with what He is like, the feelings He shows, and what He does.
  • Take a few moments before starting your day to sit still quietly before the Lord. Place a symbol before you such as a lighted candle, a cross, or a Bible. Treat it as a reminder that you are no longer your own, but His beloved child, and be silent before Him.
  • Take time to enjoy the beauty of a flower, allowing GOD to reveal Himself as its creator, and knowing He is pleased as you enjoy what He has made.
  • Focus on Him by lifting His name “Jesus” while praying a short prayer, “Holy Spirit, fill me” or a scripture phrase, “Lord, You are my Shepherd,” as a way of carrying a consciousness of The Presence of the "Three in One" with you all through the day and at all times.
  - Marilyn

~ Prayer ~
Father GOD,
Over and over again I am reminded to come into Your Presence, and yet, I am still so absorbed in the busyness of serving You.

Help me to be still before you.

I don’t understand why I have such a difficult time being silent before You, or simply reflecting on all that You are and all that you have blessed me with.

Teach me, Oh Lord, to keep company with You,
     so that my work for You will be a reflection
     of Your Nature instead of my own.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment