Monday, February 14, 2022

God. Honor. And Prayer. (2.13.22)

Brothers & Sisters,
GOD is 
honored by any request to do something only He can perform. 

The 16th century theologian Martin Luther said, “The Lord is great and high, and therefore He wants great things to be sought from Him and is willing to bestow them so that His almighty power might be shown forth.

As a father, I derive great pleasure from the various conversations I engage in with my seventeen year-old daughter and fifteen year-old son. It would prove terribly disturbing, however, if their conversation with me had not matured beyond that of a typical toddler, or if their talk did not reflect an increasingly greater understanding of the nature of our relationship."

It is within a similar context that we must answer this question: Is prayer “simply talking to GOD?” GOD want us to enter into our prayer closet and talk with Him, letting our desires and request be known to Him. He is able to provide anything we can imagine, as long as it His Will for our life.

 Prayer should also be a conversation that honors GOD.


~ Let Us Pray ~
Lord GOD, 
Please forgive me for those times when the prayers that spring from my lips are just words that I have crafted to sound holy; rather than to have a heartfelt conversation with You. 

Help me to understand that You desire to have intimate conversation and dialogue with me.

Help me to speak to You as a loving child to its loving earthly father; always delighting in Your Presence, and ready to listen to Your Voice. 

May everything that comes from my mouth bring You Honor; as I continue to grow towards full maturity in Your Son, Jesus Christ.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment