Thursday, March 10, 2022

Reflecting on Mark 1:35 by Karen Woodward (3.10.22)

Good Morning All,
This was written by Karen Woodard. I often experience what Karen has so beautifully expressed in this passage, so I wanted to share.

~ Marilyn Chaney

~~~~~~~


This has long been one of my favorite pictures of Jesus, getting up early and embracing solitude. I too also love solitude, though getting up early has been more challenging for me!

In this passage, the word “solitary” means deserted. No distractions. Peaceful and quiet. Dark.

It was a long while before daylight. Had it been a short night’s sleep for Jesus? What was on His Mind? Some have suggested that He had an important day of ministry before Him, so He wanted time to clear His Head before starting a busy day. Or did He have concerns from the day before that had awakened Him?

Perhaps He had left the house where He and His Disciples were staying. Being outdoors in GOD’s Creation was a great place to worship in prayer, to commune with and to lift requests to His Father.

What do you do when you wake up during the night? (Last night, I woke up at 1:45 am, tried to go back to sleep, was able to sleep till 2:45 am, but then got up.) I have found it good to use these early morning wakeful sessions to search my mind and soul to see what is keeping me from sleep, to pray for family members who are struggling, to talk to GOD and let Him know that I do really need Him to get through the coming day’s challenges, and just give Him all my worries.


~ Let Us Pray ~
Father GOD, 
Please meet me today in a solitary places and take my burdens from me.

Give me Your Love, Your Grace and Your Power to replace the things that I worry about.

Thank You Father GOD, for sending and giving us Your Son, Jesus Christ.  Please help me to remember that You Lord are in control of all things.

Amen

~~~~~

Throughout This Day: Try to find solitude in your day, even though it may be hard. Be open to getting up early, before the break of dawn, and even walking outside in the wee morning hours, into GOD’s Creation, to escape all distractions. GOD will meet you there!




No comments:

Post a Comment