Wednesday, March 16, 2022

#ScriptureReflection - 1 Corinthians 10:23-33 (3.16.22)

Seek the Good of Others.

23  “Everything is lawful,” but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is lawful,” but not everything builds up. 24  No one should seek his own advantage, but that of his neighbor.

25  Eat anything sold in the market, without raising questions on grounds of conscience, 26  for “the earth and its fullness are the Lord’s.” 27  If an unbeliever invites you and you want to go, eat whatever is placed before you, without raising questions on grounds of conscience. 28  But if someone says to you, “This was offered in sacrifice,” do not eat it on account of the one who called attention to it and on account of conscience; 29  I mean not your own conscience, but the other’s. For why should my freedom be determined by someone else’s conscience? 30  If I partake thankfully, why am I reviled for that over which I give thanks?

31  So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God. 32  Avoid giving offense, whether to Jews or Greeks or the church of God, 33  just as I try to please everyone in every way, not seeking my own benefit but that of the many, that they may be saved.


Source: NABRE (New American Bible Revised Edition)  



No comments:

Post a Comment