Thursday, July 28, 2022

How Can We Walk, Humbly, Before Our God? (7.28.22)

Sisters & Brothers,
GOD's Word tells us that GOD opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble - James 4:6.

Reflecting on this passage, begs the question - how can we walk, in humility, before our GOD?  We must recognize that humility puts us in a position to be able to receive from the Lord. And I think that we can all agree that we all need a fresh anointing from GOD, so we can hear His Voice; instead of all the noise and outside confusion going on around us.  We live in a society where many have an “I'll do it myself” mentality. However, there always comes a time when “self” just can't do it anymore.  Eventually, we realize we are not in control, we cannot "do it ourselves," we are not "GOD," and that we are in desperate need of His Power and His Might.

Fasting and prayer will help. Fasting helps us to focus on GOD, and the leading of the Holy Spirit. Going without food for a period of time helps us to spiritually connect directly to our Father, as our bodies are cleansed from all distractions. There are many examples in the Bible that reiterate the notion that "fasting and prayer" are very effective tools.  Not only against our own fleshy desires, but also the works of the enemy. Fasting and prayer also allows us to develop a deeper relationship with Jesus.

 ~ Marilyn 
 


~ Let us Pray ~
Heavenly Father,
Please give me the strength to fast and pray, so that I can develop a deep, loving relationship with You.

Teach me to overcome my flesh and all that distracts me.
Help me to make fasting a part of my worship to You. 

I want to become completely dependent on You for all things, and in all things, Father GOD.

In the Name of Your Son, Jesus I pray,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment