Monday, April 26, 2021

#ScriptureReflection - Isaiah 42:10-16 (4.26.21)

God, Victor and Savior

Song of Praise to the Lord

10 Sing to the Lord a new song,
    his praise from the end of the earth;

Let the sea and what fills it resound,
     the coastlands, and those who dwell in them.

11 
Let the steppe and its cities cry out,

    the villages where Kedar dwells;

Let the inhabitants of Sela exult,
    and shout from the top of the mountains.
12 Let them give glory to the Lord,
    and utter his praise in the coastlands.

13 The Lord goes forth like a hero,
    like a warrior he stirs up his ardor;
he shouts out his battle cry,
    against his enemies he shows his might:

14 I have looked away, and kept silence,
    I have said nothing, holding myself in;
But now, I cry out as a woman in labor,
    gasping and panting.

15 I will lay waste mountains and hills
    all their herbage I will dry up;
I will turn the rivers into marshes,
    and the marshes I will dry up.

16 I will lead the blind on their journey;
    by paths unknown I will guide them.
I will turn darkness into light before them,
    and make crooked ways straight.


No comments:

Post a Comment