Saturday, April 17, 2021

#ScriptureReflection - Isaiah 65:8-16 (4.17.21)

Fate of the Just and Unjust in Israel

    Thus says the Lord:
As when the juice is pressed from a cluster,
    and someone says, “Do not destroy it,
    for there is still good in it,”
So will I do for the sake of my servants:
    I will not destroy them all.

 
From Jacob I will bring forth offspring,
    from Judah, those who are to possess my mountains;
My chosen ones shall possess the land,
    my servants shall dwell there.


10 Sharon shall become a pasture for the flocks,
    the Valley of Achor a resting place for the cattle,
    for my people who have sought me.

11 But you who forsake the Lord,
    who forget my holy mountain,
Who spread a table for Fortune
    and fill cups of mixed wine for Destiny,
12 You I will destine for the sword;
    you shall all bow down for slaughter;

Because I called and you did not answer,
    I spoke and you did not listen,
But did what is evil in my sight
    and things I do not delight in, you chose,

13     therefore thus says the Lord God:
My servants shall eat,
    but you shall go hungry;
My servants shall drink,
    but you shall be thirsty;
My servants shall rejoice,
    but you shall be put to shame;
14 My servants shall shout
    for joy of heart,
But you shall cry out for grief of heart,
    and howl for anguish of spirit.


15 You will leave your name for a curse to my chosen ones
    when the Lord God slays you,
    and calls his servants by another name.


1Whoever invokes a blessing in the land
    shall bless by the God of truth;
Whoever takes an oath in the land
    shall swear by the God of truth;
For the hardships of the past shall be forgotten
    and hidden from my eyes.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment