Friday, November 22, 2013

A Marriage Prayer of Strength (11.22.13)

This prayer is for those of you who are married.
Marriage is not always easy.   
Sometimes frustration sets in and couples end up hurting
the one you've committed to love
through hurtful words or deeds.

- Prayer - 

Lord,
Oh how easy it is to see my spouse's flaws and ignore my own.

Help me to use my words to plant seeds of love and encouragement
and not weeds of bitterness and discouragement.

I commit this very day to not use my words to tear my spouse down,
but only to build him/ her up.

Help me to be like Job in the Bible
and put my hand over my mouth
if any negative words attempt to escape my lips (Job 40:4).

Father, I know once negative hurtful words leave my lips,
they can never be retrieved.

The tongue is the smallest member of my body
but yet the deadliest.
Help me Lord to put a guard over my mouth.
Your Word states that one day I will stand before you
and give an account for every word that I speak, be it good or bad.

Help me Lord to speak love and peace over my spouse
because Father you did not create any person to be perfect.
Give me the strength to humble myself and apologize
when I have hurt and/or disrespected my spouse with hurtful words.


In Jesus' Name I pray,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment