Thursday, October 4, 2018

Do Not Get Caught up in Busyness or Distractions... Seek First the Kingdom of God & a Passion to do His Will (10.4.18)


My food, said Jesus, is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work - John 4:34

Faith Believers,
In a defining season of my life, GOD taught me how to hear Him and He immediately put me to work with doing His Will.

Before twelve months were finished I had come to know GOD as my Provider, my Deliverer, my Healer, my Father. For the first time I experienced the joy and intimacy with GOD that I had longed for as I began to do the Will of GOD. 
 
In subsequent years I would discover the waning or deepening of intimacy with GOD was connected to the rising and falling of my passion and obedience to “do His Will and finish His Work.” (Jn. 4:34)
 
I discovered two great threats to intimacy with GOD that existed in my life:
  1. A heart that cooled in its passion to serve GOD and see His Kingdom come. Too often our heart turns the leaves of its affections toward the sunshine of lesser things. Comfort and ease may beckon us. Perhaps financial security entices us, or status and prestige set up stumbling blocks in our paths.

    When this happens, we increasingly begin making decisions in our own favor instead of His. We reduce the amount of time and energy in seeking His Kingdom. This begins to create a wall of separation. And often times, GOD's Voice will become faint, His presence elusive, His guidance muddy.
  2.  Busyness in doing many good things, but not the non-negotiable things required to fulfill the work given to us by GOD. Our heart may not cool off, in fact, it may be very eager because we are so desirous to serve GOD that we add on one responsibility after another. We may see good causes and try to respond; however, GOD did not call us to do everything, He want us to do only what He assigned to us.

    Jesus never let the needs of the people dictate His direction. He was not called to meet needs, but to do the Will of His Father. We can lose a close connection with GOD when we become so busy doing good things that fulfilling our assignment suffers.
Beware of a prayer life that does not seek first the Kingdom but merely asks good things for others.

Seek GOD with a heart that burns with passion
     to do His Will.
Then roll up your sleeves, get to work, and enjoy
     an intimate relationship with GOD!
 
 
~ Prayer ~
Righteous Father,
You created me for a purpose, and my heart’s desire is to fulfill what You have called me to do.

I often struggle with being pulled in many directions because of all the needs around me, and can easily be caught up in busyness or distractions!

Don’t let me be deluded by complacency or satisfied with less than Your Best! 

May I bring You honor and glory in the midst of what You have entrusted to me!
Amen


Prayer Points
Thank GOD for leading you into quiet places and restoring your soul as you meet Him daily in prayer. Confess those times when you have resisted the discipline and guidance of His Shepherd’s Crook. Commit yourself to becoming so familiar with the Lord’s Voice that you will follow Him without hesitation or fear (John 10:3-5). Ask GOD to give you a shepherd’s heart toward others.
  -  Marilyn
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment