Friday, October 26, 2018

Our Prayer Lives vs. Our Broken Relationships (10.26.18)

Faith Believers,
One of the reasons for the lack of effectiveness in our prayer lives might be a broken relationship. Many view prayer as an escape from everyday life. Some view prayer as mystical, and of no practical value. Others see no correlation between prayer and interpersonal relationships. However, Peter told husbands to live with their wives “with understanding, giving honor to the wife . . . and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered” (1 Peter 3:7).

True prayer draws our attention to
     the nature and the character of GOD.

We become like Him as we recognize His Attributes. When we emerge from the inner chamber of prayer, we will love with a revolutionary love, the love of the Father. Our capacity to love will be broadened and deepened. Consequently, prayer and interpersonal relationships are interwoven. Prayer affects our relationships, and our relationships affect our ability to pray.

Many times I have asked people to forgive me. I could not be in harmony with GOD when I had animosity with with others. Forgive those that have hurt you. Give that hurt to GOD.

A heart that is finely tuned to the heart strings of GOD will produce a symphony of music that builds loving relationships. When those relationships are broken, the music may still be able to play, but not with the same kind of beauty.

Broken relationships hinder our intimacy with GOD.
  -  Marilyn


~ Prayer ~
Loving Father,

Draw me into the inner chamber of prayer,
     so that I might learn to love others
     as You love them.

Help me to see people with the eyes of the Holy Spirit,
     and give me the humility to repair
     damaged relationships.

I don’t want anything to come between us in the intimacy of the inner chamber of prayer.

Show me if there is anyone I have offended or spoken harshly to, especially in my own family, and help me to restore what I have broken.

For Your glory I ask this, in the name of Your Son,
     Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment