Sunday, October 14, 2018

Learning How to Trust God & to have Perfect Peace (10.14.18)

Faith Believers,
After praying over a passage of Scripture, I like to read the passage over and over again (especially if I have not memorized it) and allow the Holy Spirit to highlight a verse or concept for me. I was once led to Isaiah 26:3 during my meditation time: “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.”

Even though there are sixteen words in that verse, the Holy Spirit led me to concentrate on the phrase “perfect peace.” I did not consciously make a mental effort to pursue that phrase; yet, I ended up there first spiritually and then mentally.

Meditating on that phrase raised some
     questions and led me to make some
     observations about my life.

Here are some of my observations.
  • First, I know a large number of Christians, but I do not know any Christian who has perfect peace. Why? 
  • Second, I knew that I did not have perfect peace but for the first time in my life, I realized that I desperately wanted perfect peace. 
  • I concluded that, for my life, the only way to live in perfect peace was to have complete trust in GOD. 
This particular meditation time led me into a strong attempt at trusting GOD on a deeper level, and I continue that journey today.
 -  Marilyn

~ Prayer ~
Holy Spirit,
I confess that at times, I struggle to trust.

I know, in my head, that I can fully believe God's Word and God's Promises, but that realization needs to move to the depths of my heart.

Help me to begin a fresh journey of faith that keeps my mind steadfast, as I trust in You.

Thank You for the promise of perfect peace that You will pour into my heart.

In Jesus' Holy Name,
Amen

Prayer Points
  • Give all your praise to GOD, for his faithfulness endures forever. 
  • In quiet reflection, thank GOD for his faithful presence during your times of greatest need.
  • With humility, confess your attempts to manage life without him. 
  • With a desire to trust GOD’s faithfulness, commit to recognizing his power. 
  • Ask the Lord to show you his faithfulness each day of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment