Thursday, January 30, 2020

When God Speaks..... (1.30.20)

Faith Believers,
Are you accustomed to hearing GOD speak to you?

GOD, our Heavenly Father, communicates with His Children. He Initiates conversation. To be able to hear GOD is crucial for our spiritual lives. When GOD speaks, we are responsible to listen and hear Him.

There are always four voices competing for our attention - the voice of GOD, the devil, others, and our own. We must discern which is which. By faith, we can hear GOD and distinguish His Voice. By faith, we can receive GOD's Word and live by it. By faith, the Children of GOD are enabled to hear the Divine Truth and convert that truth into action.

GOD Speaks to us in several ways. He speaks primarily through the Bible. The Holy Spirit Speaks to us by impressing GOD’s Word and GOD's Will upon our hearts and minds. GOD also Speaks through God-ly ministers and speakers - such as pastors, preachers, teachers, and evangelists. GOD even Speaks through our circumstances.

Regardless of the method, when GOD Speaks, He Expects a response from us. He Expects us to hear His Voice, adjust our lives to Him, and obey.

GOD Speaks clearly and compellingly, and we must obey His Word quickly. When GOD Speaks to a person, that person has encountered the Prince of Peace and the Holy One. Jesus tells us in John 14:6 that He is “the way, the truth and the life." 

An encounter with GOD requires a response immediately.


  ~ Prayer ~
Righteous Father,

Your Word is a Lamp to my feet and a Light
     for my path.

Give me a deep desire to be still and listen, as
      You reveal more of Yourself to me.

May I obediently respond when You Call me to step into things that I might be uncomfortable with; but which will bring You Great Glory.

Help me to hear You Speak through The Word, through godly friends and mentors, through my circumstances – good and bad, and even through the lovely created world around me.

May I lean towards Your Voice, and yield
     in obedience, to whatever You Call
     me to be or to do.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment