Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Spirit of Wisdom & Understanding (1.5.13)

Lion of Judah,
How I desperately need the power of Your Holy Spirit in my life today.
I have tried to do Your work in my own strength and power, and have failed.
I need You! Help me to embrace the work of the Holy Spirit in my life.
Lord, I long to see the kind of response that occurred on the Day of Pentecost.
May I turn from human methods and techniques, by committing to seek You in Your power and glory.

Come Holy Spirit!

  • Pray Daniel’s words of praise: “Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his” - Daniel 2:20.
  • Thank God for guiding you to make wise choices in life.
  • Confess times when you chose to follow the foolishness of this world’s wisdom rather than the wisdom of God.
  • Commit yourself to seeking the “Spirit of wisdom and of understanding” - Isaiah 11:2.
     
  • Ask God to give to you the “wisdom that comes from heaven”.
  • Pray for the ability to keep your testimony simple and genuine as you cross paths with people who are trying to understand the things of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment