Friday, January 18, 2013

I Cannot Pray, if... (1.18.13)


I cannot pray "OUR", 
if my faith has no room for Others and their needs.

I cannot pray "FATHER",
if I do not demonstrate this relationship to God in my daily living.

I cannot pray "WHO ART IN HEAVEN",
if all of my interests and pursuits are in earthly things.

I cannot pray "HALLOWED BE THY NAME",
if I am not striving for GOD's help to be like Him on a daily basis.

I cannot pray "THY KINGDOM COME",
if I am unwilling to accept GOD's destiny for my life.

I cannot pray "THY WILL BE DONE",
if I am unwilling or resentful of letting His will be done in my life.

I cannot pray "ON EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN",
unless I am truly ready to perform GOD's Word on a daily basis.

I cannot pray "GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD",
without putting forth an honest effort to receive (on a daily basis) 

your mercies, wisdom and blessings.

I cannot pray "FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE 
WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US",
if I continue to harbor a grudge against anyone.

I cannot pray "LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION",
if I deliberately choose to remain in a situation where I am likely to be tempted.

I cannot pray "DELIVER US FROM EVIL",
if I am not prepared to fight with my life against the enemy through prayer and the Word of GOD.

I cannot pray "THINE IS THE KINGDOM", 
if I am unwilling to obey the King.

I cannot pray "THINE IS THE POWER AND THE GLORY",
if I am seeking power for myself and my own glory first.

I cannot pray "FOREVER AND EVER",
if I am too anxious about what each day will bring.

I cannot pray "AMEN", 
unless I honestly say, 
"Not MY will, but THY will be done", 
so let it be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment