Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Shine as a Light in this World (1.15.13)


There are an awful lot of people in this world who will not understand our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

They will ridicule us, persecute us, and turn us aside.
That should not justify you hiding your faith.

We are to shine as a light in this world. If we are proud of our faith, we will find that GOD will give us special strength to stand up in the face of ridicule. Have you ever been called a "Jesus freak" or "Bible thumper"?

From looking at the alarming, bizarre things happening in this world (on a daily basis), some will wish they had something to thump with Jesus' name on it. In the arms of the LORD will be the only place to find peace and refuge. As the Scripture says, "If we are proud of the Father, He will be proud of us. If we are ashamed of Him, then Christ will also be ashamed of us."

Lord,
You are the brightest light shining in my life.
Help me to reflect Your light into all that I do and say.
Let everything I do and say reflect You and Your character.
Help me to love my neighbor as myself, the way Your Word says to do.
Father help me to realize that You see everything I say, do and think in my heart;
even if I don't speak it audibly.
There is never anything I will inform You of,
because You are forever present.
Strengthen me, and mold me, to be like you Father.

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment