Monday, April 1, 2013

A Heart Filled with Joy! (4.1.13)

Jesus wants your heart to be filled with joy! 

He desires for you to rejoice and be glad as you follow Him and obey His Word.

It is not His plan for you to be downcast, defeated, depressed or anxious about anything, regardless of circumstances.  His plan is for you to be filled with joy and peace. Have your joy and peace been stolen from you by the enemy? Ask the Lord to restore your peace and to fill you with the Holy Spirit!

Give thanks that GOD's resources are bottomless (Colossians 1:15-17).
Confess those times when you have not asked for what you have needed, or have asked with the wrong motives (James 4:2-3).
Commit yourself to relying on GOD's resources rather than on your own.
Not only is He able to restore your peace, He is the only source for anything you will ever need.

Heavenly Father,
Knowing that You love me brings joy to my heart. 
When I am feeling defeated or anxious, 
would You prompt the Holy Spirit to remind me that I can live a joy-filled life, 
despite anything the devil throws at me? 
I want others to see Your life lived out in me, 
because joy is what will draw people to You. 
I want my life of rejoicing to be a light to those 
who have given in to desperation and hopelessness. 
Set my feet firmly on a path of joy and peace 
so that I can be a blessing to others

Amen

“The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart…” - Psalms 19:8


No comments:

Post a Comment