Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Cross I Wear (4.20.13)

GOD is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

The cross I wear around my neck is not there for show, nor is it the object of my worship. I would not be lost without it, though I do like it. I do not believe it has some mystical power, nor does it protect me. The cross that I wear reminds me of the great love that GOD has for me and you.

Christ's gift of eternal life is made real to me each time I look down at the cross or feel it lightly resting on my chest. In difficult times, I look at the cross and feel warmth and comfort. From its gentle reminder I draw strength when I am weary, refuge when I need to rest. Whether I wear my cross or not, GOD is with me, but sometimes it is nice to have a small reminder.

Father GOD,
I am so thankful that I can come to You
when I need rest Lord. 
You promised to take me into Your arms 
and protect me from the pressures of the day.

In every trial, You Lord are the source of my help. 
LORD thank You for keeping and being with me and my family. 

Father GOD, send Your Angels to encamp around my house,
so that no harm will come near my dwelling. 
Protect my family Father GOD from any and all harm. 
I thank You Father for being my strong tower and refuge
in these last days where the enemy is seeking to destroy whatever he can. 
Protect my loved ones from all danger and harm. 
I know You will protect and bless those who believe
in You because Your Word said You would. 

I thank You that I believe Father. 
I pray this prayer in the name of your son, JESUS CHRIST.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment