Wednesday, January 19, 2022

A "Help Me Father - Reflecting on Psalm 46:10" Prayer (1.19.22)

 Quiet your heart before you begin.
Be still and know that He is GOD
 - Psalm 46:10

 
Father,
Thank You for the promise of Your Word.   
That as I come near to You, You Will come near to me.

Thank You Father GOD for the blessing that is mine, as I 'seek hard' after You. But I come to You, Heavenly Father, confessing that I have allowed other 'loves' to stand in the way of my relationship with You.  There have been times when I have come near to You with my mouth, and have said the right words; and yet my heart has remained distant from You.  Hard and untouched by Your Holy Spirit.

Help me Father!

 
Please be merciful to me, for I long to be the type of person who seeks You with all of my heart, and finds You. May I not draw near to You and then retreat again to 'lesser loves.' Save me from myself, I pray.  Save me from my self-righteousness, my self-provision, and my selfishness. Strengthen me to remain in You; strengthen me to learn to abide in You, so that I can bear spiritual fruit.  For I know that I can do nothing, unless I am abiding in You and Your Son, Christ Jesus.

Help me Father!
 
Empower me by Your Holy Spirit to earnestly seek You. May my longing to draw near to You, be reflected in my thought life.  May my longing, my desire, my decision be reflected in what I allow myself to read and see; the music I listen to; the conversations I engage in; how I conduct myself in my home, neighborhood, or work; and how I act 'when I think no one is watching.'

In all of these things (and so many more) teach me what it means to live and move and have my very being in You Alone.

Help me Father!

I invite You, Holy Spirit, to break up the unplowed ground of my heart, that my heart may become a fertile field in which GOD's Holy Word can grow.

Help me Father!

Soften my heart again, I pray, that I might more clearly hear Your Voice, and walk in the ways of Your Son, with the assistance of your Holy Spirit.

In the Mighty Name of Your Son, Jesus,


Amen
 
********

Reflecting on GOD's Word:
James 4:8     ;   Psalm 34:10   ;   Isaiah 29:13  ;  Jeremiah 29:13;
John 15:4-5  ;  Hebrews 11:6  ;   Acts 17:28     ;  Jeremiah 4:3;
Matthew 13:18-23


No comments:

Post a Comment