Wednesday, January 26, 2022

#ScriptureReflection - 1 Corinthians 14:13-19 (1.26.22)

 Need for Interpretation.

 13  Therefore, one who speaks in a tongue should pray to be able to interpret.

14  [For] if I pray in a tongue, my spirit is at prayer but my mind is unproductive.

15  So what is to be done? I will pray with the spirit, but I will also pray with the mind. I will sing praise with the spirit, but I will also sing praise with the mind. 16  Otherwise, if you pronounce a blessing [with] the spirit, how shall one who holds the place of the uninstructed say the “Amen” to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you are saying? 17  For you may be giving thanks very well, but the other is not built up.

18  I give thanks to God that I speak in tongues more than any of you, 19  but in the church I would rather speak five words with my mind, so as to instruct others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.


Source: NABRE (New American Bible Revised Edition)  


No comments:

Post a Comment