Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Wealth of the World (5.14.13)

Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them - Psalm 62:10

John prayed for GOD to bless him, according to the Jabez prayer.

Every day he prayed that GOD would bless him financially.  Each day he faithfully read the Bible and reflected on the goodness of the Lord.  Finally, his finances began to turn around, and the Lord blessed him financially.

He thanked GOD for answering his prayer and helping him through a difficult period.  As his wealth began to increase John spent less and less time with GOD.  John rarely prayed, almost never did he read GOD's Word.  He spent his time thinking of all the wonderful things he could do with his new-found wealth.

John attained a level of wealth where he could have been categorized as a person who was financially
well-to-do. At the same time, John became spiritually bankrupt.  Let not the wealth of the world turn you from GOD. The devil will always be in the details.

Prayer:
Forgive me when I let things come between us, Lord.
Material wealth is nice, 

but not if it means that I lose my relationship with You.
Help me to be satisfied with what I have, 

and to keep my mind and my heart on You, Lord. 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment