Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Combating Spiritual Attacks (5.5.15)

For GOD has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind - 2 Timothy 1:7
 
Faith Believers,
You wake up in the morning, and the thoughts from yesterday’s events bring worry or stress. You think about the day ahead of you and fear or tension fills your heart. Your concern over family members or other relationships begins to weigh down your day before it ever really gets going. 
 
Many of us look at such situations as just normal life. But there is a warfare aspect to these thoughts. GOD’s Word teaches us that He wants us to lay aside fear . . . that worry and anxiety are to be given over to Him. 
 
He wants to set us free from these thoughts that damage our lives. 
 
If GOD wants us free from such thoughts, you can count on the fact that the devil wants us to wallow in these fears. The Christian that spends his or her time worrying or in fear is a Christian who is being made ineffective in kingdom matters. 
 
When the enemy can manipulate our thoughts 
away from trusting GOD, he has won a victory.
      - Marilyn
 
_____

Father,
Grant me Your protection 
in the most common areas of spiritual attack:
my mind, my heart, and my mouth.

Help me to keep my thoughts fixed on You.
Keep my heart in Your care.

May my words always please You. 
Please help me today to live
completely under Your 
Lordship
and in Your victorious care. 
 
Amen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment