Wednesday, September 13, 2017

God is Always at Work in Our Daily Lives (9.13.17)

Faith Believers,
One of the main struggles we face when we pray is, as Proverbs 3:5 describes, “leaning not on our own understanding.” This is key to an effective prayer life.

Our tendency is to try to figure things out ourselves and then, on the basis of that understanding, to take whatever steps we think we need to take. What we’re saying when we do this is “I am much more capable of taking care of this situation than GOD is, I don’t need Him!”

There’s no way we should think we can take control our lives, and at the same time really believe GOD is who He says He is. “I Am the Lord, the GOD of all mankind, says the Lord. Is there anything too hard for me? - Jeremiah 32:27. Of course when things don’t work out, we often turn to him and “allow” or even beg him to intervene. When we fully acknowledge who GOD is, we should have no choice but to trust in Him and surrender whatever situation we’re praying for into His sovereign hands!

Some disbelieve that GOD exists, even in answered prayers. Many times I have seen the obvious hand of GOD working in a particular situation only to have the person involved chalk it up to good fortune or luck? When I see this, I want to scream out “That was GOD! Give Him the glory!”

Unfortunately, this refusal to acknowledge GOD’s Work is not only true for those who don’t know the Lord in a personal way, but also to those who serve and supposedly love Him. Why is it so hard to see GOD's Hand in a situation? Maybe He provided a much-needed job, or spared you from an almost deadly car crash. This is “not believing GOD exists” in its simplest form. If we really believe GOD exists, we will see his hand working in our daily lives.

It’s a relief to surrender my request to a GOD who not only exists, but Who is, as the Bible states, able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine - Ephesians 3:20.
  -  Marilyn


~ Prayer ~
Holy Spirit,
Teach me to pay attention to the activity of GOD in my daily life!

Help me to continually remember that nothing is too hard
for my Father, that He is fully trustworthy to care for
all of my needs and to be involved in all that I do.

Give me a heart of gratefulness for His blessings
and movement around, in and through me;
so that He alone receives the glory!

In the name of Jesus,
Amen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment