Wednesday, December 27, 2017

To Pray in the Name of Jesus..... (12.27.17)

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father - John 14:13

Faith Believers,
To pray in the name of Jesus means to pray in a manner consistent with His values and purposes. These values and purposes are revealed in both His practice of prayer (see John 17) and His precepts concerning it (see Matthew 6:9-14). It is to pray with the glorification of GOD as the supreme motive, it is to pray as Jesus would pray if He were in our circumstances. It is to pray as His followers who have been appointed as instruments of fruit-bearing in the working of His mission. As such, it is praying with respectful submission to the Will of the Father, seeking that His Will be done, not ours. It is learning to ask for the good things that He delights to give from the devoted heart that He delights to bless.
  -  Marilyn

~ Prayer ~
Gracious Father,
I desire to seek Your Face in prayer, for the purpose
     of bringing glory to You alone! 

Teach me respectful submission to Your Divine Will,
     so that I will continually keep my eyes fixed upon
     Your Purposes, rather than my own selfishness. 

Please give me a completely devoted heart, set apart to
     please You in every aspect of my life.  
 
In Jesus’ Name I pray! 
Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment