Saturday, May 12, 2018

Sublime Audacity, Against the Tide & The Divine Third [from "God Calling"] - (5.12.18)

These reflections are from the book "God Calling" by A.J. Russell, published by Barbour Publishing, Inc. Used by Permission.




May 6
Sublime Audacity

The way is long and weary.  It is a weary world.  So many today are weary.  "Come unto Me.. and I will give you rest."
   My Children, who range yourselves under My flag, you must see that on it are inscribed those words "The Son of Man."
   Whatever the world is feeling, I must feel, I - the Son of Man.  You are My followers - so the weariness of man today must be shared by you - the weary and heavy-laden must come to you, and find that rest that you found in Me.
   My children, My followers must be prepared not to sit on My right hand and on My left, but to drink of the cup that I drink of.
   Poor world - teach it that there is only one cure for all its ills - Union with Me.  Dare to suffer, dare to conquer; be filled with My sublime audacity.  Remember that.  Claim the unclaimable.
   Just what the world would think impossible can always be yours.  Remember, My children, sublime audacity.



May 7
Against the Tide


The oarsman, trusting in Me, does not lean on his oars and drift with the tide, trusting to the current.
   Nay, more often - once I have shown the way - it is against the tide you must direct all your effort.  And even when difficulties come, it is by your effort that they will be surmounted.  But always strength and the Joy in the doing you can have through Me.
   My fishermen-disciples did not find the fishes ready on the shore in their nets.  I take man's effort and bless that.  I need man's effort - he needs My blessing.  This partnership it is that means success.



May 11
The Divine Third

When I have led you through these storms there will be other words for you, other messages - other guidance.
   So deep is your friendship and so great your desire to love and follow and serve Me that soon, when this time of difficulty is over, to be alone together will always mean to be shut in with me.
  There are few friendships in the world like that and yet I taught, when on Earth, as I have taught you both, the power of the two together.   And now tonight I have more to say to you.  I say that the time is coming, is even now here, when those who visit you two together will know that I Am the Divine Third in your friendship.



These reflections are from the book "God Calling"  by A.J. Russell, published by Barbour Publishing, Inc. Used by Permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment