Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A Selection from "Be Jesus in Your Neighborhood" by A VanderGriend (2.12.20)

This selection was taken from "Be Jesus in Your Neighborhood:
Developing a Prayer, Care, Share Lifestyle in 30 Days"
by Alvin VanderGriend & more.


Simon, Simon, satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers —Luke 22:31-32

There are two powerful forces at work in the world today, the power of GOD and the power of satan. The power of GOD is infinitely greater, but we are affected by both. satan, bent on our destruction walk around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8). GOD, intent on our salvation, supplies everything we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). He provides everything we need to defeat the enemy. This tool is called prayer.

Since satan’s power is greater than ours, we are constantly at risk. Paul reminds us that we struggle “against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil” (Ephesians 6:12). But since GOD’s power is greater than satan’s, we are safe in GOD’s hands. GOD is our constant source of protection.

Prayer is the GOD given means by which GOD’s power is brought to our defense so that we can stand up against the devil’s schemes. When Peter was being severely tested by satan, Jesus came to his defense with prayer. He said, “I have prayed for you Simon that your faith may not fail.”

We are engaged in a war that we must fight on our knees. Prayer is the power by which we are equipped to overcome the devil. To face him in our own strength is not a good idea and a sure pathway to defeat. The devil dreads our prayers more than anything else. A mighty prayer warrior once said, “Do you realize that there is nothing the devil dreads more than  prayer? His greatest concern is to keep us from praying. He know once we start praying he must flee. He loves to see us up to our eyes in distractions because this usually will keep us from praying. he distracts us where ever he can so we do not pray. He does not fear us being eager Christians as long as we do not pray.  It has been said, satan laughs at how stressed out we become because of his works but when we start praying he trembles and flee. 

It’s no wonder that satan trembles because the power of our omnipotent GOD of heaven and earth is brought against him. He doesn’t stand a chance. he cannot stand up to the power of GOD in any form or fashion. he is a paper tiger with no power when it comes to our Lord. By prayer the kingdom of GOD was built, and by prayer the kingdom of satan is destroyed. 

Where there is no prayer the enemy will move in and have his way. Pray much so that GOD may be glorified and his kingdom may come in all its fullness.

- END -


~ Prayer ~
Father,
I long to do great things for You, but I must confess,
     my prayerlessness has stood in the way of the
     fullness of what it means to be Your Child.

Set my feet firmly upon the Rock that is Your Son,
     Christ Jesus; and be my sure defense against
     the enemy of my soul.

I want the devil to tremble when I lift my voice in
     prayer, and to flee from me as I call upon
     Your Name, the Name above all names.

You are my strength and my shield, my
     ever-present help!

May my life be continually useful in building
     Your Kingdom and bringing You glory to
     Your Mighty Name.

In the name of Jesus Christ Of Nazareth I pray.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment