Sunday, May 23, 2021

On This Blessed Pentecost Sunday, Seek Ye First God's Kingdom & God's Righteousness (5.23.21)

Acts 2:1-4  (NIV)

The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost

When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.




 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them
-  Psalm 145:19

 
Faith Believers,
When we draw near to GOD in reverential awe, what the Bible often calls “fear,” we are in the proper place to receive from Him the desires of our heart. 

Fear of the Lord means that we are aware that He is GOD - and we are not.  It places Him over us as Lord, and we bow before Him, seeking first His Kingdom and His Righteousness.  In that Godly place of prayer and submission, it delights the Lord to delight us. 

May he give you the desire of your heart and make
all your plans succeed - Psalm 20:4. 

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and
heard my cry - Psalm 40:1

~~~~~~~~~

~ Prayer ~
Holy GOD,
I bow my heart before You, longing
      to hear Your Voice. 

Draw me close to Your Grace-Filled Heart
     so that I might be completely transformed
     by Your Presence, living within me.

In Your Mighty Son Jesus' Name I pray,
Yes & Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment