Tuesday, May 4, 2021

#ScriptureReflection - Isaiah 65:1-7 (5.4.21)

1 I was ready to respond to those who did not ask,
    to be found by those who did not seek me.

I said: Here I am! Here I am!
    To a nation that did not invoke my name.

I have stretched out my hands all day
    to a rebellious people,
Who walk in a way that is not good,
    following their own designs;

A people who provoke me
    continually to my face,
Offering sacrifices in gardens
    and burning incense on bricks,

Sitting in tombs
    and spending the night in caves,
Eating the flesh of pigs,
    with broth of unclean meat in their dishes;

Crying out, “Hold back,
    do not come near me, lest I render you holy!”

These things are smoke in my nostrils,
    a fire that burns all the day.

See, it stands written before me;
    I will not remain quiet until I have repaid in full

Your crimes and the crimes of your ancestors as well,
    says the Lord.

Since they burned incense on the mountains,

    and insulted me on the hills,

I will at once pour out in full measure
    their recompense into their laps.


No comments:

Post a Comment