Friday, March 22, 2013

Living the Way Jesus Did, Never in a Hurry (3.22.13)

Be still and know that I am GOD; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth - Psalm 46:10

If we wish to live the way Jesus Christ did, then we must reflect upon the fact that no where in Scripture do we see Jesus in a hurry. The Son of GOD did not rush around from one place to the next. He did not look for more things to do, except for healing those that needed it.

His example was one of patiently waiting upon the Father in prayer, so that He could receive His instructions for every step He took and every word He spoke. Is that how you and your family live your lives?

My guess is that if I were to live as Jesus did, focused upon His Word and connected to the Lord continually, in the two-way love relationship that is prayer, I would accomplish more in less time, and become more content.

What about you?

Prayer

Father,
my life has been filled with busyness and hurry. 
Forgive me for not sitting still 
and setting my eyes upon Your gracious face. 
Forgive me for rushing through life 
without stopping to really get to know You. 
Fill my heart with praise for You, 
the Lord who created the heavens and the earth. 
Show me Your plans and purposes 
that I might live the unhurried but productive life the way Jesus did.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment