Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Look Ahead and Take Your Eyes Off the Past (6.12.13)

When I asked Abraham to step out into the unknown, he did as I requested. 
He stepped out on faith according to the words which I spoke to him. 
He never thought about the home he was leaving, or what he was giving up.  
He kept his eyes on what I promised him. For I promised I would give him a new land and new promises. With this in mind, there was nothing left behind for him to hold onto, he was obedient by moving forward on My Word.

In the same way, haven’t I promised you new things? 

I assure you, the new will be greater than what you left behind. Then why, my child, do you look behind so often? Why do you look at the things you had or the possibilities of what you could have had, instead of looking at the new blessings that I have for you? 

Don’t you trust Me?

The new blessings I have for you will far exceed the old. The new promises that I have for you are greater than anything you have had in the past, greater than anything you can ever imagine. 

Oh, if you could just get that into your spirit you would sing praises unto My name.

However, until you stay focused on Me while looking ahead, I cannot show you the new promises I have in store for you. What do you think would have happened if Abraham had tried to walk while looking behind him?  He would never have seen the new land that I promised him. He would have missed the great blessings I had for him.

In the same way, I call you to look ahead. Take your eyes off the past and off the things that once were. In other words, once and for all, put the past behind you. If you don’t, you will continue to experience the same problems over and over again.  Never reaching the promised land.

I have so many blessings to lavish upon you. 

These great blessing will engulf the old. 
The new will be so large and so magnificent, 
that the things you let go of will seem very insignificant.

So today, stop looking back and trust Me.  

Many good things are awaiting you.


No comments:

Post a Comment