Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Repentant Heart (6.9.13)

Against you, and you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge - Psalm 51:4

Confession is simply agreeing with GOD concerning our sin. Like the parable of the lost son, we must say to the Lord, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you - Luke 15:21

Then we will hear Him say lovingly to us, “For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found” (Luke 15:24). As soon as we confess with a repentant heart, we have His forgiveness! It leads to a transformation of lifestyle! 

David certainly was determined to live a life worthy of GOD’s calling upon his life.
Proof of this is written in Psalms 51.

- Prayer Confession -
Loving Father, 
Help me to confess all of my sins to you daily 
so that I am not overcome with the things 
I know do not please you. 

May Your Holy Spirit convict me quickly 
so that I may confess and repent of my sins 
before You Lord. 

Thank You for promising to forgive me 
when I come before You with a “broken and contrite heart.” 
Father, Your word says that if I die in my sins, 
I will perish and I know You wish that none should perish. 
Thank you for being a loving Father to me. 
I pray this prayer in the name of your son, Jesus Christ. 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment