Friday, August 12, 2016

Martha or Mary? Spend Less Time "Being Busy" and More Time Listening (8.12.16)

Faith Believers,
It is impossible to do what the Lord desires
unless we take time to listen to Him.

We can only do this by being still,
and ceasing our busy activity-filled lives.

Sometimes all GOD wants is to speak Words of love and affirmation. Many times He may require nothing of you but to sit and enjoy His company. However, it is a very clear command from GOD that we are to listen to His Son:  Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: ‘This is My Son, whom I love. Listen to Him!’ - Mark 9:7. It is implied that listening involves obeying. To truly hear from GOD, we should be obedient to what He says: Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. - James 1:22.

The Word of GOD says, My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand - John 10:27-28. Your family, friends, co-workers, even strangers are watching how you live your life. Are they learning from you the lifestyle of Martha or Mary? …Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her - Luke 10:42.


~ Prayer ~
Lord Jesus,
I have so much in common with Martha,
which is not such a bad thing!

Yet, I do long to learn a lesson from her sister,
who spent her time sitting at Your feet,
simply learning and adoring!

Out of the overflow of her devotion, she lived her life.

Help me to be still, and to keep my eyes fixed upon
Your blessed face; so that I will not miss You
in the midst of my busy life!

Draw me close, Jesus, so that those who follow after me
will learn to know that You are GOD!

Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment