Friday, January 12, 2018

By Prayer, the Kingdom of God is Built and the kingdom of satan is Destroyed (1.12.18)

Simon, Simon, satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have converted, strengthen your brothers. - Luke 22:31-32


Faith Believers,
There are two powerful forces at work in the world today - the power of GOD and the power of satan. The power of GOD is infinitely greater, but we are affected by both. satan, bent on our destruction, walks around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8).

Since satan’s power is greater than ours, we are constantly at risk. Paul reminds us that we struggle “against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil” (Ephesians 6:12). But since GOD’s power is greater than satan’s, we are safe in GOD’s Hands. GOD is our constant source of protection.

Prayer is the GOD-given means by which GOD’s Power is brought to our defense, so that we can stand up against the devil’s schemes. When Peter was being severely tested by satan, Jesus came to his defense with prayer. He said, “I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail” (Luke 22:32).
We are engaged in a war that we must fight on our knees. Prayer is the power by which we are equipped to overcome the devil. To try and face him in our own strength is not wise, and a sure pathway to defeat. The devil dreads our prayers more than anything else. Do you realize there is nothing the devil dreads as much as prayer? his great concern is to keep us from praying. he loves to see us worry and not pray. he does not fear if we are eager Christians, as long as we don't pray. satan laughs at our toiling and mocks our wisdom; but he trembles when we pray. 

It’s no wonder that satan trembles at the mention of our Heavenly Fathers Name. By means of prayer, the power of the omnipotent GOD of Heaven and earth is brought against him. satan doesn’t stand a chance. By prayer, the Kingdom of GOD is built, and by prayer the kingdom of satan is destroyed.

Pray often, so that GOD may be glorified and His Kingdom
     may come into its fullness.
  -  Marilyn

~ Prayer ~
Father,
I long to do great things for You, but I must confess that
     my prayerlessness has stood in the way of the fullness
     of what it means to be Your Child.

Set my feet firmly upon the Rock that is Christ Jesus and be my
     sure defense against the enemy of my soul.

I want the devil to tremble when I lift my voice in prayer and
     to flee from me, as I call upon the Name above all names.

You, Father God, are my strength and my shield…
     my ever-present help!

May my life be continually useful in building Your Kingdom
     and bringing You glory.
Amen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment