Thursday, June 28, 2018

Releasing Unforgiveness & Reflecting on 2 Corinthians 2:7-11 (6.28.18)

Faith Believers,
Beth Moore says, “Envision your heart like a pitcher…Praying about the people we need to forgive is the means by which we tip that pitcher heavenward and slowly begin to pour our negative feelings and frustrations out to GOD. As we pour out, a wonderful thing happens: we make room for GOD to pour in. Our omniscient GOD knows that a heart heals when a heart changes. Until we make room for fresh contents that change our hearts, we will never be healed from the injury and subsequent feelings of unforgiveness.”


It is important to pray “for” those whom we need to forgive.

Most of us are already aware that we need to do this; however, we often stubbornly hang onto our “right” not to. If we are to be like Christ, we relinquish our “rights” and take on humility, being obedient to the Lord, who says in Mark 11:25 - “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”

If unforgiveness has been a hindrance to your prayer life in the past, remember that satan will attack you in this area again – until your victory is firmly established in the strength of Christ Jesus. “If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven — if there was anything to forgive — I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes” - 2 Corinthians 2:7-11  -  Marilyn


~ Prayer ~
Father,
Sometimes it just feels good to be angry
     with someone who has hurt me.

I feel justified about my pain and struggle to let go
     of my negative feelings towards whoever
     has caused them.

Remind me that I must die to my self and what my self
     wants in the flesh so that I can live as Christ,
     who took on the nature of a servant.

Help me to be slow to anger and quick to forgive as You are,
     so that Satan will not outwit me!

Keep my heart aware of his attempts to cause me
     to fall into the trap that is the sin of unforgiveness.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment