Monday, August 27, 2018

Spending Quiet Time with the Lord (8.27.18)

Faith Believers,
It is important to spend time being quiet before the Lord.

If we are doing all of the talking, we won’t be able to hear Him speak. Be still, and know that I am GOD; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth - Psalm 46:10
 
I wonder how many instructions and promptings we miss because we don’t take the time to learn to distinguish the voice of the Shepherd! My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me - John 10:27.

When you sense that you have a Word from the Lord and it agrees with the Bible, act upon it.

GOD is not going to give us more than we can handle, and He will likely start us out slowly. As you are faithful in the small things, He will trust you with bigger issues.

Maybe He will impress upon your heart to write a note to someone, or to make an encouraging phone call.

Obey the Father when He speaks to you.
Act when that small still voice tell you to.
Remember GOD will not proclaim His presence
     through a megaphone but through a
     small still voice.
   -  Marilyn

~ Prayer ~
Lord Jesus, 
Help me to be a servant that doesn’t need to live my life to be seen by men.

Give me a listening heart to obey even the smallest task You choose to give me. For I know Lord, that You will not give me more than what I can bear.

I want to do Your Will Father, and live my life for You and through You.

Jesus help me to hear You when You speak to me.

I love You and want to do Your Will, Father GOD.

In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth
I pray this prayer.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment