Wednesday, February 27, 2013

His Power is Made Perfect in Our Weakness (2.27.13)

GOD doesn’t expect us to be perfect with our prayers to Him.

He doesn't expect us to always know what is best in every situation,
and to always pray exactly on point.
He understands our limitations.
He accepts our prayers, even if they are a bit off target,
because He accepts us as His dear children.

We can be sure that GOD, even if He doesn’t give us what we ask,
will provide us with grace.
The grace to deal with what He allows in our lives,
and in the lives of those we pray for.
Paul learned that when he prayed for the removal of a thorn in the flesh,
GOD didn’t always remove the thorn as Paul asked.
However GOD didn’t necessarily say no either.
He simply said,
“My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9.
 

The same thing may be true when we pray for others.
GOD may not actually say no, He just says, “My grace is sufficient,
I will give them the strength to deal with that situation.”
And the truth is, GOD’s all-sufficient grace is the best answer,
sometimes even better than the relief we may be asking for.
If we keep that in mind, we will always be able to joyfully accept GOD’s answer,
even if it isn’t what we asked.

We will see in His answers that “His power is made perfect in weakness.”

Prayer,

Thank You Father,
That my prayers don’t have to be perfect, 

in order for You to hear and respond to them!

I am so grateful to be Your child, 
and that You care deeply about all of Your creation!
Teach me to hear Your voice as You show me how to receive Your grace,
in every situation and season of my life.

Show me how my weakness can be perfected in Your strength!
May I continually be obedient to Your commands, 
living out the life of Jesus.
Teach me to pray as Jesus prayed so that my heart will be directed, more and more 

into perfect alignment with the purposes of The Kingdom.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment