Monday, February 10, 2014

A Prayer of Strength & Courage (2.10.14)

Father,
Your Word says that I am an overcomer, because of the blood of the Lamb, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Your Word says that the word of my testimony, in Jesus, all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and I have been given fullness in Christ and share in His authority over every spiritual power and authority!

But I confess often times, I do not feel like an overcomer.
Too often I give in to the influence of this world instead of submitting to Christ.

O GOD, save me from myself!
May I be full of Your Spirit and Your mighty power, the power of the resurrection!
Teach me and use me, that I may see strongholds demolished in my life.
Thank You Father.  Because I belong to You in Christ Jesus, You surround me with Your presence.
Thank You that You are a wall of fire surrounding me.

You, O Lord, are my refuge and my strength.
In every situation and struggle, You are with me.
I will not be afraid, for my trust is in Your name.
Like Joshua, may I be confident that You are with me
and that You will never leave or forsake me.

Because Your Spirit being is often at work in me, this make me strong and courageous.
I will not be afraid or discouraged, but always mindful that You are with me wherever I go.

Use me to take back ground that the enemy has stolen.
Help me to maintain self-control and be alert,
knowing that the enemy of my soul is prowling,
looking for an opportune moment.

In Jesus’ name, strengthen me to submit to You, to resist the enemy
and to stand firm in my faith!
Give me, I pray, Your perspective of the situations I face
and may I live victoriously, as a conqueror,
because of Jesus and His love for me.

May I be full of faith and Your Word,
for I belong to You, Lord Jesus,
and You have overcome the world!

Revelation 12:11  ;  Colossians 2:9-10  ;   Ephesians 6:10;
Philippians 3:10    ;  2 Corinthians 10:4 ;   Psalm 125:2;
Zechariah 2:5       ;   Psalm 46:1-2        ;    Psalm 20:7;
Joshua 1:5, 9       ;   1 Peter 5:8-9         ;    Romans 8:37;
1 John 5:4


No comments:

Post a Comment