Thursday, February 6, 2014

It All Begins With Prayer (2.6.14)

Does the Bible tell us to “Love your neighbor and hate your enemy?”  No, GOD tell us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us, that we may be sons of our Father in heaven - Matthew 5:43–45

The best way to treat your enemy is to love them,
even when he or she is unkind in word or deed.

Take this a step further,
Jesus not only commands us to love our enemies, but to pray for them as well!
Once we begin to show love for the person for whom we are praying,
we can extend acts of kindness to that person; as opposed to avoiding them
or treating them as they have treated us.

When we show them how much we love and care for them,
their hearts may be transformed in such a dramatic way,
that everything about their lives, could change.
If they had previously rejected it,
they may open their hearts to the gospel,
having never considered the good news of Jesus.

It all begins with prayer.
When someone angers or frustrates you, begin to pray for them.

This command from Jesus has a promise attached to it.
By behaving in a loving manner, toward a person who has mistreated you
and by praying for that person; your actions will prove to others, as well as the person that offended you, that you are truly GOD's child, and that JESUS loves them.
GOD causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good; and JEHOVAH sends His rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

If you love those who love you, what reward will you receive? (See Matthew 5:45–46)

There's a saying that goes, "Hurt people, hurt people."  But you never know what causes people to act the way they do towards you. The enemy uses people in any way that he can. People sometimes will hate you for no reason, or just because they can.

Do not hate back but show them mercy and love.
Overcome evil with good, says the Lord.

- My Prayer Confession -
Father GOD,
This command of loving my enemy is contrary to my natural human nature.
Please fill me with Your love, that I may truly treat my enemies
with the type of love and forgiveness that only Your spirit can give. 


I ask You, according to Your Word, to change my heart 
towards those who have mistreated and abused me. 
Show me how to love my enemy, Father; 
and show me how to love them with Your love. 

Father GOD, sometimes it is so hard, 
because You made me as a human; 
and I too have feelings.  But I know, that as Your child, 
I must obey Your word. 
Help me Lord with this Commandment. 

This prayer I pray to you, 
In the name of your son JESUS CHRIST 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment