Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Putting on the Full Spiritual Armor of God (2.26.14)

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour - 1 Peter 5:8

satan vigorously opposes anyone that prays 
and he dreads our prayer life more than anything else. 
Do you realize there is nothing the devil dreads more 
than your prayers to our Father?  
One of his greatest concerns is to keep us from praying. 
He loves to distract us so that we will not have time to pray. 

The enemy laughs at us while we struggle, but when we begin to pray, 
he trembles. 
Never forget that one of the greatest thing we can do to worship GOD 
is to pray and fast.
Greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world. 
satan will flee from your life as you draw closer to GOD 
and as GOD moves in your life. 
Praying to our Father in Heaven is very key in this battle that we are in. 
We fight not against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness in all places.

- A Spiritual Warrior Prayer -

Lord GOD Almighty,
I desire to be strong in Your mighty power. 
Therefore, I will put on the full spiritual armor You have given to me, 
so that I can take my stand against the devil’s schemes. 
Continually remind me that my struggle is not against flesh and blood, 
but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of the dark world 
and against the spiritual forces of evil in all realms. 

I will put on Your full armor so that when the day of evil comes, 
I will be able to stand my ground. 
I will stand firm with the belt of truth buckled around my waist, 
and with the breastplate of righteousness in place. 
I will take up the shield of faith with which I can extinguish 
all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 

I will put on the helmet of salvation.  
The sword of the Spirit I will use, 
which is Your holy word. 

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Praise GOD for his limitless power. 
Thank the Holy Spirit for being “in you” 
and for being “greater than the one who is in the world.” 
Confess moments when you have limited God’s power 
because of your doubts or unbelief. 
Commit yourself to living in the presence and power of GOD every day. 
Ask Him to make you more aware of His presence 
and His protection daily, and not to take Him for granted.

- Marilyn Chaney


No comments:

Post a Comment