Thursday, October 2, 2014

Serving our God with a Pure Life, a Pure Tongue, a Pure Heart, a Pure Mind and Pure Actions (10.2.14)

Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts - Isaiah 6:5

Isaiah was specific in his confession.

There was a particular area of his life that needed
the cleansing of GOD — the sin of an impure tongue. 
When he saw a holy, righteous and glorious GOD;
he could not help but ask God to purge and cleanse his lips.
The high praises of God could never come from impure lips. 

Isaiah had an immensely high view of GOD.
Such a view will spotlight the impurities of our lives.

Many Christians pray, “Forgive me of my sins.”
But such praying produces little repentance.
Repentance is the forerunner of forgiveness,
and God desires to forgive and cleanse His children.
He loves us and wants to remove the burden of guilt.
But we must be specific in our confession and repentance of sin.


 ~ A Cleansing Prayer ~
Lord of Hosts,
You are holy, righteous and glorious!
Cleanse my heart, my mind and my actions before You
so that I may serve You out of a pure life.

Show me how to quickly confess anything
that grieves Your Holy Spirit,
and pour out Your forgiveness
as I name those things that keep me
from living like Jesus!

Wash me and make me new again
as I seek to honor Your Name Lord!
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment