Monday, November 21, 2016

Silencing Our Hearts & Minds so We Can Hear God's Voice (11.21.16)

Faith Believers,
So how do you learn to listen?
For me, it started with a need to hear from GOD.
Good listening starts with the desire to learn.

If you can handle life without GOD, you will not hear from Him. It is not a matter of setting aside more time, albeit, that would be good.  Be silent before the Lord - Zechariah 2:13 does not mean actual decibel silence, but silence in your mind. The world can be very loud around you, but you can still quiet your heart and mind whether in an airport or in the woods.

Remaining silent before GOD does not mean that you will have no thoughts or reflections. It does mean you will stop telling GOD your needs, and say as Samuel said, Speak. Lord, for Your servant hears - 1 Samuel 3:9.

Silence your heart and mind as you sit at the feet of GOD and wait to hear that small still voice.
  -  Marilyn


Thank You Lord,
For teaching me how to be still before You.
I praise You for speaking in the quietness
   as I wait upon You.

As I silence my heart before You,
there is always a sense of Your pleasure
that I can’t sense when I barge into
Your presence with my requests.

I long to learn what it means to truly “pray without ceasing”
in every circumstance of life.

I know that I cannot handle life without You.
Speak, Lord, for I am listening!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment