Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Words We Say, Should Match the Words We Pray (11.29.16)

Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring - James 3:11

Faith Believers,
James points out that fresh and salty water cannot come from the same fountain.
Our tongues are powerful.

It is important that what we say lines up with what we pray. Listen to the things you say throughout the course of an average day. You may discover that although the prayers you are praying sound “faith-filled,” and in agreement with GOD’s Will; your conversations, and the things that you say, do not line up with your praying.

Here’s an example, you need money to pay your mortgage. You pray fervently - believing, thanking GOD in advance for His provision. So far, so good. Thirty minutes later, someone asks about your situation and you reply, “I don’t know, things look pretty bleak. I don’t know what I am going to do. I’m out of options.” In one unguarded conversation, you've written “VOID” across the prayer you just prayed. You've exposed an underlying issue of unbelief.

Although you prayed the right words,
you weren't actually praying them in faith.
You didn’t truly believe them in your heart.

If we could search our heart, as GOD does, we might discover that we are still looking for a “backup source” (other than GOD). By telling another person our needs, and showing a bit of desperation, we unconsciously may be hoping that he or she will assist us, just in case GOD doesn’t come through. It’s like having a “Plan B.” Sometimes we are not even aware that we are doing this, but it’s a classic case of double-mindedness.

The words we say should match the words we pray.

Our conversations with others should reflect the faith with which we’ve prayed. To pray one thing about a person, place, or circumstance; and then to turn around and confess the opposite is classic double-mindedness.  And this produces nothing.

When someone ask us about our situation, we should respond with, “I still don’t know how GOD Will do it, but I am convinced that He is my source; and that He Is working now to supply all my needs according to His Riches in glory, by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19). And for that, I give Him praise.”
   -  Marilyn


~ Prayer ~
Father,

My desire is to pray, believing that You will
answer as I align my prayers with Your Heart.

Keep me from doubting the very words that I pray to You. 
May I trust Your Heart, even when I am unable to see
You at work, around me, in that moment.

Your response is always timed for my good
and for the sake of Your own glory.

Help me to be a yielded intercessor, expressing prayers
of thanksgiving for answers I have yet to see
in the physical realm, but for which I believe will come forth
from Your Heart (and in Your perfect timing)
as I align my heart with Yours.

Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment