Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Nehemiah's Strategy - Prayer & Action (11.6.18)

The king said to me, ‘What is it you want?’ Then I prayed to the GOD of heaven, and I answered the king, ‘If it pleases the king and if your servant has found favor in his sight, let him send me to the city in Judah where my fathers are buried so that I can rebuild it’ - Nehemiah 2:4-5


Faith Believers,
Nehemiah knew that he was the man whom GOD expected to rebuild the city of Jerusalem.

His strategy was prayer.

He first asked GOD to prepare the way for him to receive favor from the king. But then, he knew that he must ask the king for his help. Having confidence in the Lord’s plan and provision, he did just that - even though he was afraid. How many of us pray, but then don’t continue on in faith; to be the answer to our own prayers? Do you wonder how many prayers GOD might have answered differently, if we had just been obedient in our actions?

Sometimes GOD desires and requires the next step beyond obedience to intercede … the obedience to act on behalf of the person or situation for whom, or for which, we are interceding.

Nehemiah prayed a prayer to GOD, just before responding to the king’s question, “What is it you want?” (Nehemiah 2:4-5). He utilized the strategy of prayer for preparation, and also to gain the wisdom to speak the words GOD wanted him to say: Then I prayed to the GOD of heaven, and I answered the king. Jesus tells us not to fear when we stand before kings and authorities on His behalf for He will give us the words to say. (Luke 21:12-15).

Nehemiah experienced this same promise from GOD.


~ Prayer ~
Our Father in Heaven,
Create in me the faithful heart of Nehemiah so that I am not afraid to be the answer to the prayers I pray. 

Help me to prepare the ground in prayer and ask for Your Wisdom in every situation, so that I will be confident in Your plans and provision. 

May I continually act in obedience, even if it might mean stretching my experience to trust that You will give me words to say in uncertain situations. 

In the name of Your Son Jesus Christ, I pray.

Amen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment