Monday, October 14, 2013

Trusting, Growing and Faith-Walking (10.14.13)

Do you ever go the phone before you go to the throne? 
You know, me too. 

There are times when I fail to trust GOD with my prayers. And although I've been faith-walking with Him for a long time, there are still a million ways that I need to grow. There will always be ways for us to grow; and there will always be mistakes for us to work through.

Our relationship with GOD will grow as we continually turn to Him in prayer. Similarly, our trust in GOD grows as our relationship with Him grows.  I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you - John 15:15. 
Jesus counts us as his "friends".
How many of us would talk to our close friends
as infrequently as we talk to Jesus - our Creator and Redeemer? 

Of course, it's not like we can ignore the world around us and pray 24/7.  Right?  We are still going to go to work, spend time with friends and family, etc.; but in the midst of it all, Scripture instructs us to: Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of GOD in Christ Jesus for you - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Continuous praying and spending quality time with GOD
will increase our faith and trust in the Father.

Blessings,
Marilyn Chaney

No comments:

Post a Comment